- 2008-12-22: Initial version 1.0 released
- 2009-05-22: v1.1
- 2010-07-22: v1.2
- 2011-02-22: v1.3
- 2011-08-22: v1.4
- 2012-01-22: v1.5
- 2014-08-22: v1.6
- 2014-10-22: v1.7
- 2015-0x-xx: v2.0
userChromeJS allows complete chrome customization when an
extension is excessive.
userChromeJS is derived from the original userChrome.js by zeniko. An import function has been added to enable greater flexibility in absolute/relative file management, along with some overlay tweaks. Thanks to zeniko for the original idea; the bug to implement this functionality in core Mozilla is Bug 332529.
userChromeJS v2.0 (Gecko 14+, Fx14+ and Tb14+ and Sm2.11+)
userChromeJS v1.7 (Gecko 2.0, Fx4.0+ and Tb3.3+ and Sm2.1+)
Platform: All OSs.
Applications: Gecko 14 and higher.
- An extension is not required for small code snippet tweaks or even larger UI modifications.
- An import function lets script and overlay files be organized and shared among profiles and even made portable.
- As of v2.0, xul overlay files are managed to ensure an overlay load is finished before the next one is initiated. Bug 330458 will never be fixed.
- No known problems.
- No known issues.
There are only a few console error message strings; localizations welcome.
Support and Questions:
- Update: create a signed xpi for Firefox addon policy compatibility.
- Fix: errors due to Components shortcuts; remove Cc, Ci, Cu, Cr.
- Fix: update is broken on version changes, v2.0 needs to be downloaded from http://userchromejs.mozdev.org/ for future auto updates.
- New: implement observer for xul overlays to ensure serial loads.
- Fix: strict js warning for assigning Components shortcuts.
- Fix: minor code cleanup.
- Fix: scope fix for charSet.
- Fix: add updateURL in install.rdf.
- Fix: add unpack=true in install.rdf so that a seed userChrome.js may be created from the template.
- New: default charSet is now UTF-8.
- New: allow user settable charSet for files loaded using the import or importFolder functions. See the README.txt in the FAQ.
- New: add SeaMonkey 2.1 support.
- Fix: change manifest xpcom registration to support Thunderbird.
- Update: compatibility with Gecko 2.0 (Fx4) xpcom registration changes.
- Fix: handle shortcut constants, when sometimes defined sometimes not.
- Doc: see the README.txt in the FAQ for info on userChromeJS console logging features.
- New: initial release.